- Sampling method be done once a week.
- Ten plants will be randomly selected except five plants on the margin.
- Examine the pests, infested symptoms on the whole plant and count the number of hill per plant.
- Appropriate when the number of pests exceeds the ETL (Economic Threshold Level).
Record on ten hills
- transplanted stage
- Tillering stage
- Stem elongation / Booting stage
- Panicle initiation and flowering stage and
- Milk grain and ripening stage.
|Pest||Count the number of hills per plant before pest sampling.|
1. Count armyworm at stage (1), (2) and (3)
2. Count the number of insects on ten hills.
3. Calculate the average number of larva per hill.
1. Count rice hispa at stage (1),(2) and (3)
2. Count the number of larva per hill and number of tunnels per five leaves.
3. Count the number of adult and average number of tunnel.
1. Count rice caseworm at stage (1), (2) and (3).
2. Count the number of infested leaves per hill.
3 Calculated the number of infested leaves per hill in average.
|Rice Stemborer||1. Count the rice stemborer at stage (1), (2) and (3).
2. Count dead heart symptom at stage (1), (2) ,(3) and (4).
3. Count the while head symptom at stage (4).
4. Calculate dead head (%) and white head (%) bared on total number of tiller.
|Rice Gallmidge||1. Count gallmidge at stage (2) and (3).
2 Count the number of tillers ( without panicles )
3. Calculate the percentage of tillers (without panicles ) based on total number of tillers.
4. Examine the number of adults in light trap at stage (1), (2) and (3).
|Rice Earbug||1. Count the rice earbug at stage (4) and (5) on early morning.
2. Count the number of adults per ten hills.
3. Count the number of adults per hill.
|Rice Swarming Caterpillar||1. Count rice swarming caterpillar at stage (4) and (5).
2. Count the number of larva on tillers per ten hills.
3. Calculate the number of larva per hill.
Economic Threshold Level for Rice Pest
|1||Rice Armyworm||Stage (1)||No. of larva per hill||1.0|
|Stage (2)||No. of larva per hill||0.5|
|Stage (3)||No. of larva per hill||0.3|
|2||Rice Hispa||Stage (1) (2) (3)||No. of adult per hill||4.0|
|Stage (2) (3)||No. of tunnel per leaf||15%|
|3||Rice Caseworm||Stage (1) (2)||No. of infested per tiller||3.0|
|Stage (3)||No. of infested per tiller||2.0|
|4||Plant hoppers Green planthopper (adult+larva)||Stage (1) (2) (3)||10 times (sweep net)||10|
|Brown planthopper/White-back planthopper (adult+Nymph)||Stage (1) (2) (3)||No. of adult per hill||5|
|5||Rice Stemborer||Stage (1) (2) (3)||Dead heart||15%|
|6||Rice Gallmidge||Stage (2) (3)||Without panicle||10%|
|7||Rice Earbug||Stage (4) (5)||No. of rice earbug per hill||0.5|
|8||Rice Swarming Caterpillar||Stage (1) (2) (3) (4) (5)||No. of larva per hill||0.1|