Welcome to the Myanmar SPS Enquiry Point
The SPS National Enquiry Point has been established at Department of Agriculture – Plant Protection Division of the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Irrigation.
The Myanmar SPS Enquiry Point has been established to:
Answer all reasonable questions regarding SPS measures from domestic organizations and other WTO Member countries. The Enquiry Point also provides relevant supporting documents. This free and open communication allows trading partners to be aware of and to meet expectations and trade requirements more readily thus contributing to the trade facilitation process and increase trade activity in both imports and exports. The Enquiry Point is an information center where domestic, regional and international stakeholders can request and obtain information about Myanmar’s and other country’s measures, regulations, standards, test procedures, certification requirements, etc.
The Myanmar SPS Enquiry Point can provide information about:
- sanitary or phytosanitary regulations adopted or proposed Myanmar
- control and inspection procedures, production and quarantine treatment, pesticide tolerance and food additive approval procedures in Myanmar
- requirements for food safety and animal and plant health related to exports to other WTO member countries
- membership and participation Myanmar in international and regional sanitary and phytosanitary organizations
- Myanmar’s bilateral and multilateral agreements and arrangements within the scope of the SPS Agreement
Other Functions of the Myanmar SPS Enquiry Point and Information Center:
- Promote the activity to raise the awareness of at levels, especially stakeholders in the country on SPS issues;
- Works as a portal to provides information on SPS and related issues of other WTO/ASEAN Members in order to promote domestic exports in the world market.
- Works as a central contact point with SPS contact points in line Ministry’s
- This network supports to fulfill fully the obligations of transparency under the WTO SPS and ASEAN Agreements.